If you have an air duct system in your home or office, you need to get it inspected regularly. When it comes to air duct cleaning, you need to rely on professionals to do the task for you. With hundreds of advertisements popping up on duct cleaning, it becomes difficult to choose credible companies.
Overview of Air Duct Cleaning
You might wonder if duct cleaning is necessary. The answer to this is yes. If you are allergic or sensitive to dust and pollen, then health issues are likely to arise if you do not clean your air duct system.
Here is where you would need to look for duct cleaning companies such as Sem’s Duct Cleaning located in Concord, Markham, and Richmond Hill, Ontario. If you have any questions regarding the services, you can directly ask the Sem’s Duct Cleaning personnel and get estimations and consultations free of charge. They make use of high-quality machinery that ensures effective cleaning of your entire air duct systems.
If this is your first time opting for air duct cleaning systems, then you need to understand the complete cleaning process, before you hire cleaning companies. Duct cleaning not only comprises cleaning dust, pollen, or debris.
This also includes:
- Cleaning on the supply, intake, and return vents
- Cleaning of the motors and heat exchangers
- Cleaning the diffusers and grilles
- Cleaning of heating and cooling coils
The cleaning process can be broadly classified into three types – pre-inspection, cleaning process, and final inspection. The cleaning technician will first inspect the ducts for damages. If none are found, they will dislodge the components and remove the debris. They will then do a final round of inspection and then assemble the duct systems.
The duration of the duct cleaning depends on several factors such as:
- Size of your workspace or home
- How many air duct systems need to be cleaned?
- Amount of dust accumulated onto the duct systems
So, how frequently do you need to do duct cleaning services? Duct cleaning is necessary if:
- You notice bad odors coming from the ducts
- If you have a rodent infestation
- There are water leaks or molds
- If there is poor ventilation
Asking the Right Questions before Hiring Professionals
So, now that you understand how air duct cleaning works, the next step is to hire credible companies to do the tasks. Asking the right questions can help you gauge the credibility of the companies. Some of the important questions that you need to ask cleaning companies include:
- How long has the company been in this business?
- What are the different types of machinery they use to clean air ducts?
- What are the cleaning charges?
- Can they share references of their clients?
- Do they have insurance?
- Will the air duct cleaning create a mess?
- Is it safe for elderlies, kids, and pets?
- Do they offer visual inspection after the cleaning process?
No matter how silly your questions seem, ensure that you ask them. This will give you a clear picture of what you are getting into.
Air ducts are conduits that can improve the indoor air quality of your space with proper ventilation. Having them cleaned at regular intervals ensures that your air ducts function for longer periods.