Pre-workout supplements are nutritional aids that increase power and effectiveness while exercising.
They can be purchased as drinks, capsules, and powder. Amino acids, vitamins, minerals, caffeine, artificial sweeteners, etc. are typically found in these supplements.
Although many companies make the claim to market the greatest pre-workout pills, not all of them are tested and clean.
Only brands like Simply Supplements research and create products that are good for your health. They make a transparent product that should be taken with a balanced diet for great results.
They use ingredients like Lion’s Mane, Green Tea Extract, Chaga, Choline, Maitake, Caffeine, Bladderwrack, etc., to prepare an effective product.
Health Benefits of Pre-workout Supplements
- Caffeine boosts energy levels and increases alertness. As a result, the caffeine included in pre-workout supplements helps people feel alert and concentrated when exercising.
- Compounds like beta-alanine and creatine reduce muscle fatigue and improve strength consecutively. It helps push people harder during high-intensity workout sessions, giving excellent results.
- Amino acids like citrulline malate and branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs) reduce muscle soreness and fatigue. It helps individuals to enhance their endurance and train for a longer time.
- Nitric oxide boosters like arginine and citrulline increase blood flow to the muscles. This process is helpful in muscle growth and oxygen delivery in the body.
- Some supplements also contain appetite suppressants that help regulate hunger pangs. It allows many individuals to manage their diet and calorie intake during weight loss management programs.
Even though pre-workout supplements are good, they should be taken into consideration. Overconsumption and consumption without guidance can always lead to harmful side effects.
For example, excess caffeine in the body can lead to increased heart rate and insomnia. Thus, always use brands that are lab-tested and certified.
How and When to Take Pre-workout Supplements
- Take these supplements 30 minutes before the workout session. It gives better effects and long-lasting results.
- Keep yourself hydrated by consuming plenty of water while taking pre-workout supplements. It helps with the proper dissolving of the supplements and faster results.
- Start with a low dosage initially to let your body get accustomed to the ingredients like beta-alanine, creatine, etc. You can increase dosage once your tolerance power increases.
- If your pre-workout supplements contain caffeine, consider it a suitable time to consume them. You don’t want to stay awake all night because of your supplement.
Often, people think that just by consuming pre-workout supplements, they can show wonders. However, the fact is that every supplement follows a healthy and balanced diet for a better result.
- Whole grain
- Low-fat dairy products
- Dried fruits like raisins
- Lean protein like chicken, tofu, etc
Good meals and pre-workout vitamins can help people reach their goals.
It is always essential to speak with a trainer or healthcare provider before ingesting any health beverages or supplements.
It is advised to see a doctor before utilizing any pre-workout supplements. They can advise you on the ideal method of administration and the appropriate dosage.
Examine the components, brand, and expiry date to make a wise decision.