Wallpaper Murals – Advantages and Why to Have Them
Wallpaper murals are large, often custom-made images that are applied to walls as wallpaper. They can depict a wide range of subjects, from landscapes and cityscapes to abstract designs or even photographs. They are often used to create a statement or focal point in a room and can be a great way to add color, texture, and interest to a space. Some popular uses for wallpaper murals include home theatres, game rooms, and commercial spaces such as offices, restaurants, and cafes.
There are Several Advantages of Wallpaper Murals:
- They can be used to create a unique and customized look in a room.
- They can be used to create the illusion of a larger space or to draw attention to a particular feature of a room. Nature wall murals can be best for any room
- They are easy to install and maintain.
- They are available in a wide range of designs, styles, and colors.
- They are durable and long-lasting.
- They can be used to add a personal touch and style to a room without the need for costly renovations.
- They are a cost-effective way to update the look of a room.
Wallpaper murals are comparatively simple to install and can typically be done by anyone having basic DIY skills.
Here is a General Outline of The Installation Process:
- Prepare the wall surface by cleaning it and making sure it is smooth, dry, and free of dust and debris.
- Measure the wall to determine the size of the mural that is needed.
- Cut the mural into manageable panels, if necessary.
- Apply adhesive to the back of the mural or to the wall, depending on the type of mural and adhesive being used.
- Carefully align the top edge of the mural with the top of the wall, and smooth out any bubbles or wrinkles.
- Continue to apply the mural, smoothing out any bubbles or wrinkles as you go.
- Trim any excess mural from the bottom and sides of the wall, using a sharp blade or scissors.
- Allow the mural to dry completely before applying any paint or other finishing touches.
- It is also important to have the right tools for the job such as a pasting table, a wallpaper brush, a razor blade, a pencil, and a level.
If you do not feel comfortable installing the mural yourself, it’s always best to hire a professional to do it for you.
Wallpaper murals are relatively easy to maintain, and with proper care, they can last for many years.
Here are Some Tips for Maintaining Wallpaper Murals:
- Keep the wall surface clean: Regularly dust and wipe down the mural to remove dirt and grime.
- Avoid water damage: Keep the mural dry and avoid exposing it to excessive moisture. If the mural does get wet, wipe it dry immediately.
- Avoid direct sunlight: Direct sunlight could fade colors in the mural over time. If possible, keep the mural out of straight sunlight or use window treatments to filter the light.
- Be careful when cleaning: Use a mild detergent and a soft cloth to clean the mural, and avoid using abrasive cleaning products or scrubbers.
- Avoid puncturing or tearing the mural: Be careful when hanging pictures or other items on the wall, as they can damage the mural.
- Professional cleaning: Have the mural professionally cleaned every 3-5 years, this will remove dirt and grime that can build up over time, and also restore the color of the mural.