Exploring Italy’s medieval streets and Roman architecture for the whole day will make you thirsty and hungry. This is the time to forget your hamburger and jump on to some delicious Italian cuisine including pasta and Margherita pizza. We’ve made your life easier by compiling a list of the best Italian must-try foods during a holiday.
Italy Luxury Tours is the global leader in providing exclusive and personalized luxury travel experiences at incredibly low prices. They also provide Food and Wine Tours in Tuscany and Piedmont, allowing their clients to savour the delicacies that are available in Italy. Their Italian food tours and wine tours are the best way to learn about Italy’s well-known art and design.
Best Italian Delicacies
- The first thing that comes to mind is the worldwide famous Margherita pizza that had all ingredients which match the Italian flag. Tossed with mozzarella and basil leaves with lots of olives, capsicum, and tomatoes.
- Risotto is an Italian variant of rice prepared in vegetable or meat stock, cheese, and wine after sautéed in fried onions. The final product has a distinctive creamy texture.
- Ossobuco Alla Milanese is a dish of Milan containing hollow bone preparation. The Osso Buco Alla Milanese is a cross-cut meat shank dish.
- Ribollita is a dish of seasonal vegetables thickened with bread. Long ago, ribollita was simply boiled vegetable soup, but today’s version is flavoured with herbs and spices.
- Caponata from Sicily could be a vegetarian’s favourite destination for ossobuco from Milan. It is a blanched eggplant meal cooked in tomato with sautéed onion and celery along with a tantalizing blend of sweet, sour, and salty dressing that delivers a mouth-watering burst of flavours.
- Tagliatelle Alla Bolognese is a paste in the shape of ribbon that is eaten with chopped meat and vegetable sauce mixture.
- Italy is the country of gelato that pampers your taste buds with ice cream that is richer in density and texture, as well as more powerful in flavour. Gelato comes in a variety of flavours and is served at a higher temperature to retain the made-from-scratch smooth texture.
- Tiramisu is a combination of layers of eggs, cream, finger biscuits, cheese, coffee, sugar, and a sprinkle of cocoa.
- The Italian Panna Cotta is a blend of heat, cream, sugar pudding, and gelatine softened in a liquid at a lower temperature. Serve it with caramel, chocolate, or berry coulis (thick sauce) of your choice and you’ll be diving into a pool of delicious delights.
- Italy is fond of coffee. You order a cup of macchiato, cappuccino, marocchino, latte, caffè freddo, or un caffè, and you’re supposed to finish it within a minute.
- Caprese Salad is a simple dish of sliced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and basil. The dish contains all fresh and organically grown vegetables.
The Italian cuisine is so complex and varied that trying everything on the menu in one visit would be insufficient.
However, this gives you another reason to return for more to the kingdom of Italy, which has much more to offer than just food.